Bell Pepper: 1, small
White Rice: ½ Cup
Black or Red Beans: ½ cup (Baked)
Red bean broth: 1 ½ Cups
Sesame oil: 2 tsp
Egg: 4 (Boiled)
1. Slice the vegetables lengthwise, 0.5 cm thick.
2. In a pan, sear each vegetable separately with sesame oil until they become soft and slightly fried.
Tip: For adding flavor to the vegetables like eggplant, you can use a 1 to 1 ratio of soy sauce and teriyaki sauce when searing them.
Cooking rice beans:
1. In a pot, wash the rice with cold or lukewarm water a few times to remove the extra coating of the rice and then discard the water.
2. Add the red bean juice to the pot and put the pot lid until the water boils on medium heat.
3. When it started to boil, add beans and lower the heat and let it cook slowly.
4. After 20 minutes, when all the water vaporized, you should have soft and sticky rice.
Tip: You can use 1 tsp butter or a pinch of salt to add flavor to the rice.
Filling the dishes:
For each dish:
1. Put the rice in the middle of the dish.
2. Put the vegetables on top of the rice.
3. Peel the boiled eggs and cut them in half and put them on top.
4. Serve with soy sauce or vegetable broth or chicken broth as a flavor.
Tip: Red bean broth is the liquid remained after cooking red bean.
Disclaimer: It's not the traditional Bibimbap recipe